Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Don't Forget to Look Up!

Oh my gosh, the forest-floor wildflowers are coming on so fast, I can hardly keep up with them! My camera's memory card is now full of their photos, but before I sort through them to share on this blog, I need to clear my desktop of these photos of tree buds swelling and bursting into flower now.  We would miss so much of spring's beauty if we forget to look up and around, as well as just down. Here's just a sampling:

Red Maple (Acer rubrum)




Box Elder (Acer negundo)





Striped Maple (Acer pensylvanicum)



American Elm (Ulmus americana)



Shagbark Hickory (Carya ovata)



Red Elderberry (Sambucus racemosa)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.....I love having four seasons to enjoy each year, but Spring is my favorite ! Something new each day & when the buds, plants & birds start to appear....😊 So grateful for nature❤🌱