Wednesday, November 4, 2015

This is NOVEMBER?

Another gift from the weather gods, this sweet summery day to enjoy a walk on the shore of Moreau Lake.  Ditching my jacket in the car, I made my shirt-sleeved way through the woods toward a cove that glowed like a magic-lantern scene.




At every turn of the shore, another pleasing vista lay before me.  Who could resist the spirit-lifting charms of sun-warmed trees, clear blue sky, and forested mountain reflected in still water?





The leaves on the path were like colorful jewels strewn at my feet.






Puffy clusters of Heath Aster were just as pretty in seed as they'd been in flower.





A late-season surprise from a Dandelion blooming in the sand.





I wasn't the only person rejoicing in this gorgeous day and wondrous place.  This group of young people were expressing their delight at being here together with music and drumming and dance.






As the sun declined behind the mountains,  its lowering rays ignited the colorful trees along the ridge.





What a perfect spot to take a seat and contemplate this beautiful landscape!


4 comments:

threecollie said...

Thank you for my morning smile!

The Furry Gnome said...

You're absolutely right - this is November???!!!

WendyFromNY said...

It is pictures like these that brighten my winter computer background. Lovely!

Woody Meristem said...

As the climate warms this weather will be the norm for late fall -- pity our grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Our area of Pennsylvania is anticipated to have the climate of central Georgia by 2100.