Sunday, February 6, 2011

Oh No!


We've got a leak! Ice has built up on the north slope of our roof, causing water to back up under the slates and drip down through the walls. What a mess! There's cellulosic fiber insulation blown into the walls, so that means that the insulation is now soaking wet. And it's Sunday night. We'll have to wait until tomorrow to try to find someone to knock that ice down off the roof. No way am I letting my husband up there. His life insurance policy lapsed long ago.

4 comments:

Louise said...

Oh boy! I hope you can find someone to quickly fix the problem. What a winter this has been.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Geez, I hope it's not a serious repair...I got lucky, yesterday we hit above freezing so all of the snow avalanched off the roof, today we have below freezing, so it was good timing, or I might be in that same position today. Good luck!

Carolyn H said...

Woodswalker: I hope you had some luck today finding someone to work on this for you. I hate house repairs--always unexpected and always expensive.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Thanks Louise and Rain and Carolyn for your good wishes. Happily, the ice has let go and plummeted off the roof with a roar, but the insulation in the walls is now soaked. I'm hoping our homeowner's insurance will help pay to remove and replace the soggy stuff and repair the paint and plaster.