Thursday, February 6, 2014

Snow, Beautiful Snow!

This graceful statue is "The Spirit of Life," which stands in a fountain in Congress Park, in downtown Saratoga Springs.  But it could have been me yesterday, arms raised in joy to welcome the beautiful snow that just kept falling, falling, falling.  It fell and fell, all day long, in big soft flakes, until we had just exactly the right amount: enough to cushion the earth with pillowy mounds, but not so much that shoveling was any more than a few minutes' effort.

And then, today dawned clear and cold, so the snow stayed light and downy and sparkling in the sunlight.  This made for a perfect day to walk around in the woods at Saratoga Spa State Park, where I took these photos.






I just happened to discover this video of a tiny child delighting in her first experience of rain. 

http://www.edisproduction.de/2014/02/05/a-little-girl-experiences-rain-for-the-very-first-time/

Again, this child could have been me, exulting in the marvelous gifts that Mother Nature showers on us, whether a warm summer rain or a soft sparkly snowfall.  My age and upbringing now restrain me from shrieking with glee as this little girl does, but I certainly still relate to her joy.  May it always be so.




2 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Beautiful snow!

Raining Iguanas said...

Your photos are spectacular as always but that video you shared made my day.