Sunday, July 11, 2010

Baby's Left the Nest!

My heart sank when I checked the robin's nest this morning (Saturday). Oh dear, the baby's gone! My first thought was that some cat had found it and carried it off for breakfast. But if that were so, why were Mom and Dad Robin screaming at me to get out of there?

Oh! That's why.


Just look at you, so grown up! And you were just hatched on June 26. Just two weeks, from egg to hopping about in the Trumpet Vine. I suppose you will want to fly now. Just be careful. Good luck and stay safe.

P.S.: When I came home this afternoon from my outdoor adventures, I looked about in the Trumpet Vine and could find no trace of Baby Robin. Let's hope he's hidden somewhere safe where Mom and Dad can help him grow strong enough to take to the trees. Bye bye. I'll miss you.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Awwwwwww... dang, s/he's cute!

squirrel said...

It is so cute and still has that extra large baby mouth. Nice photo.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Thanks for stopping by, WoodswomanX and squirrel. I'm feeling a little sad that my baby's fledged already, since I had looked forward each day to peeking in the nest.

Virginia said...

Very very cute, and must have been fun to watch. As always, amazing photos.